Thursday, August 8, 2013

the beginning

The first post on a blog is always the most intimidating, isn't it?  I'm not sure if we should jump right in and start cooking with you all or if we should introduce ourselves a little.  Maybe I should just pretend you're coming over for dinner tonight and you've just rang the door bell.  I'm in the kitchen, my hair's all a frizz and I'm covered in...hmmm... powdered sugar? Yes, that's right. I've just sifted some over a picturesque cake that's for dessert. I'm getting side tracked. Oh right, the doorbell...

Hi! So glad you could make it for dinner. A double cheeked kiss hello (that's how we do things here), and I usher you inside. Coats off (coats... now I know I'm making this up. It's August in LA!), purses down, we say our hellos and catch up as we make our way into the kitchen. Wine is poured and we can start munching on some cheese and grapes while Eric and I finish up cooking and you pull up a chair at the table and settle in.

It's there, in that moment, where we all come together to eat and laugh and live and enjoy life together, it's there that we are all family. And that is what we love about the kitchen, about cooking, and about sharing it all with you. It's magic, and we hope that we can share a little bit of that magic we feel when we're in the kitchen with you on the pages of this blog. 

So please, pull up a chair, sip some wine, and cook with us tonight. You're part of the family now!




Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment